Monday, August 02, 2010

Disabled? In Bundoran? Fuck right off then - they don't want your sort around here.

Bundoran - not very disability friendly at all.


If you're physically disabled then stay away from Bundoran. That appears to be the message from Bundoran Town Council.

A visit to the town today brought to my attention the fact that the disabled parking spaces in the Supervalue car park are as far away from the shopping complex as possible. Even an elderly individual would have difficulty navigating from their vehicle to the stores and back nevermind someone suffering from a physical disability.

Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen a person in a wheelchair in Bundoran - it seems their plan is working.

On my next visit I'll conduct some more research just to see just how, if at all, disabled friendly the town is.

Labels: , , ,