Monday, May 31, 2010

Vodafone ineptitude knows no bounds.

In an attempt to resolve my ongoing issues with Vodafone I reached out to one of their senior customer service representatives who helped with contract renegotiation issues back in 2007.

It was a long shot, admittedly, but I was fortunate enough to get through to him by email.

His reply, copied below, goes some way to explaining why Vodafone customer service has gone to shit:

________________________________________

From: XX XXXX [mailto: XX.XXXXX@XXXX..com]
Sent: 29 May 2010 09:19
To: 'Steele, Daniel, Customer Relations VF-UK'
Subject: RE: Request for assistance with account issues.

Dan,

Many thanks for coming back to me, much appreciated.

The policy you describe is a major reason for my recent correspondence to Mr Colao. Ultimately it’s very much to Vodafones’ detriment that their more experienced staff such as yourself are prevented from doing what they do best.

That said, as a company they have done well to retain someone of your caliber – that they deign to prevent you doing your job as an ambassador for the company is beyond comprehension.

Best wishes

XXXX

________________________________________

From: Steele, Daniel, Customer Relations VF-UK [mailto:XXXXXXXXX@vodafone.com]
Sent: 28 May 2010 08:08
To: XX XXXX
Subject: RE: Request for assistance with account issues.

XXXX I would love to help but I cant im afraid, Weve been told we are unable to deal with any new issues direct form customers. They need to go through the call centre 191.

Sorry
Dan

________________________________________

From: XX XXXXX [mailto:XX.XXXXX@XXXX..com]
Sent: 27 May 2010 17:24
To: Steele, Daniel, Customer Relations VF-UK
Subject: Request for assistance with account issues.


Hi Daniel,

I appreciate that this is a long shot - but you very kindly helped me with issues back in 2007 and I'm hoping you are still with Vodafone.

For reference the primary number is 0XXXXXXXXXX.

Regards

XX XXXXX

Labels: , , ,